The Witold Lutosławski Society has announced its 2018 competition for a scholarship granted by the Composer’s Family. A scholarship of $10,000 USD for master’s education abroad will be awarded to one Polish student or graduate of a national music school or college. Polish composition and performance students interested in the works of the 20th and 21st century are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Those interested must submit applications and the following documents by July 6, 2018:
- a biography that covers previous achievements
- school / university graduation certificate or document certifying the stage of education
- education plan abroad with a name of the selected teacher
- recommendations of two academic lecturers
- recordings, scores (in a traditional or electronic version), and/or links to performances, in order to get acquainted with the artistic achievements of the candidate
Application packets should be marked “Scholarship Witold Lutosławski 2018” and sent to: Towarzystwo im. Witolda Lutosławskiego, ul. Bracka 23, 00-028 Warszawa, Polska. The postmark date listed above is decisive.
More information at: www.lutoslawski.org.pl.