The 4th edition of “Concert Premieres of Accordion Works” will be held on October 3, 2017 at 6 p.m. in the concert hall of the Władysław Żeleński School of Music in Kraków. The goal of this free event is to present high quality artistic compositions written for accordion which have not been performed before. The IV edition of the concert features the following pieces in its program:
- Kilka minut obecności by Zbigniew Bargielski for soprano and accordion
- Sonata for accordion and guitar by Maciej Zimka
- In Shadow World We Hide in Light by Szymon Stanisław Strzelec for two accordions and electroacoustic layer
- Jenny’s Soul. Or Dirks #2 by Piotr Peszat (right) for microtonal accordion, tape and video
- Suita tańców wirtualnych by Rafał Wnuk for clarinet, cello and accordion
- Utwór na konserwatorów, konferansjera i akordeon w roli drugoplanowej by Bożena Boba-Dyga.
Performers for this concert were: Wiesław Ochwat (accordion), Aleksandra Lelek (cello), Piotr Lato (clarinet), Miłosz Mączyński (guitar) and the composers themselves: Maciej Zimka (accordion) and Bożena Boba-Dyga (voice). Guest performers also include Katarzyna Feć, Monika Topolska and Arkadiusz Sfora.
The project was co-funded by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage as a part of the “Zamówienia Kompozytorskie” [Composing Commissions] program conducted by IMiT.
October 3, 2017 | 6:00 p.m.
IV Concert Premieres of Accordion Works
Władysław Żeleński School of Music, Concert Hall
ul. Basztowa 9, Kraków, Poland