On October 3, 2016, winners of the 4th International Baltic Piano Competition were announced during the gala concert held at the Stanislaw Moniuszko Academy of Music in Gdansk. The competition was divided into three rounds, where finalists were chosen by the international jury: Waldemar Wojtal (Poland) – Chairman, Dorian Leljak (Serbia/Croatia), Albert Mamriev (Russia/Israel), and Valerio Premuroso (Italy).
- FIRST PRIZE (ca. 7 000 €) – Igor ANDREEV (Russia)
- SECOND PRIZE (ca. 3 500 €) – Vasyl KOTYS (Ukraine).
- THIRD PRIZE (ca. 1 150 €) – Dong-Wan HA (South Korea)
- SPECIAL PRIZE (ca. 230 €) – for the best participant of the 2nd stage who does not reach the final stage of the Competition – Marie KIYONE (Japan)
- SPECIAL PRIZE (ca. 230 €) – for the best performance of a piece/pieces by a Polish composer, excluding pieces by Fryderyk Chopin – Aleksandra ŚWIGUT(Poland)
- SPECIAL PRIZE (recital with recording in the Janusz Hajdun Concert Studio, Radio Gdańsk) – Aleksandra ŚWIGUT (Poland)
Rewards were funded by the Rector of the Stanislaw Moniuszko Academy of Music in Gdansk prof. Maciej Sobczak, the Marshal of the Pomeranian Voivodeship Mr. Mieczyslaw Struk, the Mayor of the City Gdańsk Mr. Paweł Adamowicz, and Radio Gdańsk