Organized by Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera, the International Stanisław Moniuszko Vocal Competition is the biggest competition of singers in Poland. Maria Fołtyn—Polish soprano, legendary Halka opera director, cultural organizer, and tireless promoter of Stanisław Moniuszko’s oeuvre—established the competition in 1992. Every three years, artists from around the world gather in Warsaw to present their skills and abilities before a select group of music professionals. For many, the competition becomes a launch pad to an international career.
The tenth edition of the International Stanisław Moniuszko Vocal Competition took place at Teatr Wielki – Polish National Opera from May 6–11, 2019. Coinciding with Stanisław Moniuszko’s 200th birthday, the competition’s opening gala and concert on May 5 featured the prizewinners of previous competitions.
- FIRST PRIZE – EUR 15,000 – MARIA MOTOLYGINA (Russia)
- SECOND PRIZE – EUR 11,000 – SLÁVKÁ ZAMEČNÍKOVÁ (Slovakia)
- THIRD PRIZE – EUR 9,000 – LONG LONG (China)
- FOURTH PRIZE – EUR 7,000 – RUSLANA KOVAL (Ukraine)
- FIFTH PRIZE – EUR 5,000 – GIHOON KIM (South Korea)
- SIXTH PRIZE – EUR 4,000 – PIOTR BUSZEWSKI (Poland)
For the winners of special prizes, visit teatrwielki.pl.