The aim of the Frédéric Chopin Institute in Switzerland is to promote the work of the greatest Polish composer and to organize musical events focused mainly on a young audience. In October 2018, the Institute will organize the first edition of the “Jeune Chopin” International Piano Competition for Children & Youth, which will take place at the Waddilove Fondation in Villeneuve in the Montreux Riviera area. Watch a trailer for the event here: www.youtube.com.
There are three age categories for the Competition:
- Category I – for contestants under 12, /one stage/ born in 2006
- Category II – for contestants under 15, /one stage/ born in 2003
- Category III – for contestants under 18 /two stages/ born in 2000
If you are interested in participating in the competition:
- record the indicated program and upload it on YouTube,
- fill out the application form that can be found at jeunechopin.com
- pay the contest entry fee (100 CHF) to the account of the Frederic Chopin Institute in Switzerland
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 JUNE 2018
Based on the presentation of video recordings, thirty candidates will be selected to meet in Montreux and present their pianistic skills in the front of an internationally renowned jury, including Martha Argerich, Ewa Poblocka, Akiko Ebi and Alexis Golovine. By taking part in the competition, laureates can prepare for the International Chopin Competition in Warsaw or the Clara Haskil Competition in Vevey.
This international event is held under the patronage of the National Fryderyk Chopin Institute (NIFC) in Warsaw, as well as the famous pianist Martha Argerich, who won the International Chopin Competition in Warsaw in her youth.
[Sources: press release, jeunechopin.com]