An equivalent of the American Grammy Awards, the Fryderyk Awards are organized by the Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry to honor the year’s best recordings by Polish musicians and of Polish music. On March 4, the nominations for the 2015 Fryderyk Awards were announced. Highlights from the category of classical music include:
- PENDERECKI Chamber Works, Vol 1 (DUX 0780) – Jan Kalinowski – cello, Maria Machowska – violin, Artur Rozmysłowicz – viola, Marek Szlezer – piano, Tadeusz Tomaszewski – horn, Roman Widaszek – clarinet: nominated for Chamber Music Album of the Year
- Where are you. Pieces from Warsaw (Sarton Records) – proMODERN contemporary vocal sextet: nominated for Choral, Oratorio or Opera Album of the Year & Best Recording of Polish Music
- Agata Zubel – NOT I (KAIROS) – Agata Zubel, Klangforum Wien, Clement Power – cond.: nominated for Best Polish Album from Abroad
- Kilar/Moś/Aukso (Instytucja Kultury Katowice – Miasto Ogrodów) – AUKSO Orkiestra Kameralna Miasta Tychy, Marek Moś – cond.: nominated for Symphonic Album of the Year and Best Recording of Polish Music
- Warsaw Philharmonic: Weinberg Symphony No. 4 & Violin Concerto (Warner Classics Poland) – Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra, Ilya Gringolts – violin, Jacek Kaspszyk – cond.: nominated for Symphonic Album of the Year and Best Recording of Polish Music
For the full listing of this year’s nominees, visit: zpav.pl. The winners of the 21st edition of the Fryderyk Awards will be announced at the Polish Theater on April 23, and the ceremony will be broadcast on TVP2.